This is article was written by Maryam, a guest author. Please share this with your social circles as it is a very good reminder and something many can benefit from.
Masturbation: The Dirty, Evil Secret
The reason why I’m going to write about masturbation is because it’s one of the biggest illnesses in the world even in our Ummah. It’s a disgusting dirty habit which kills every beautiful person from inside; it tears you apart from what you really are and you just start doing other sins as well because the devil takes over and you just give up and follow him even though we know that he is not our friend!
He hates us and so should we!
Proof Against Masturbation In The Quran
Masturbation in Islam is haram for female and male for many reasons, some verses from the Holy Quran:
And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, – for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors. Chapter 23, Verses 5 – 7.
Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.
And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty. Chapter 24, verse 33.
This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.
Proof Against Masturbation In The Sunnah of the Prophet Mohammad (may peace be upon him)
Abdullaah ibn Mas’ood said:
We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah’s Messenger said, “O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power. Bukhari: 5066.
The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.
Masturbation causes a lot of physical and spiritual harms I will list some of them down below.
Some spiritual harms :
- The Taufeeq of doing good deeds, you might miss a prayer because you need to take a shower
- The person will not be able to stay steadfast on the deen.
- The persons mind thinks about sexual things all the time which leads to others sinful acts such as adultery.
- Even if you think what your doing is not haram but you will still have that guilty feeling which could put one in a place of sadness and confusion.
Some Physical harms:
- Weak bladder which could lead to urine infections and leakage.
- Sore back
- Sore legs or knees
- Hair fall
- Eye site weakens
And many more.
Here are some of the things you can try and adopted to get rid of this dirty illness Insha’Allah.
- Right now, make dua to Allah swt and ask him for forgiveness, his blessing mercy, help and guidance. This will Insha’Allah put your inner self at peace and you would feel more confident.
- Start praying 5 times a day just think to yourself that Allah is watching me, which he is. That I need to be good to seek his love and mercy.
- Read namaz, then make plenty of dua for yourself and other Muslim sisters and brothers who are in the situation as you. Ask Allah to make it easy for you.
- Try and practice your deen. Its beautiful you just need to take some time out and spend some time for Allah to remember him and practice his religion Insha’Allah he will help you. If you remember Allah he will remember you!
- Do dikar as much as you can, nothing big just Allahu Akbar , Astagfar ect. Read Quran every day. Take time out for it.
I pray for all my brothers and sisters to get well soon.. Think about how dirty this thing is and the one who masturbates has a painful place in the hereafter. Best thing is to come closer to Allah and keeping him happy. No way anyone is going to get this with dirty habits like this!
Keep all this love for your husband or wife how would you feel your husband or wife has been showing love to themselves like this!?
SAVE IT ALL FOR THAT SPECIAL ONE BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT!